Tuesday 10 September 2013

...In With The New!

In With The New

Further to my previous post #BadHairDays and Out With The Old I am now really concentrating on getting my hair back to a healthy state and I have decided to update my hair products:

I have been researching on the net and this is what I have come up with: Rehab shampoo from Lush, Label.M Organic Lemon grass conditioner, Pure Coconut Oil, 100% Argan Oil and TRESemme Keretin Smooth heat defence spray. To be honest some of these products are not cheap (Rehab, Label.M & Argan Oil) but they are are all natural products not one chemical in site! The Coconut Oil is really cheap at around £2.00 and I have found it available from Superdrug and also the Sainsburys pharmacy.  The TRESemme is also reasonable and available from supermarkets and other beauty stores.

New Hair Product Reviews: 

Lush Rehab:   

This shampoo uses natural ingredients and smells really fresh. You only need to use a small amount so the bottle lasts a really long time and as I have tried to cut down to washing my hair only three times a week it should last even longer.  It lathers well and my hair feels really clean after using.

Label.M:  

This is an organic lemon grass conditioner.   I really like the fact that it is organic and all the ingredients are natural – no chemicals!  It makes my hair smell lovely and after it was very soft.  This conditioner is really quite expensive but it was a gift and I am trying to use it sparingly.  It might be a good idea to put it on your Christmas List!

Coconut Oil: 

This smells lovely and it is 100% natural and cheap too! Coconut oil is meant to have a special quality where it actually penetrates the hair shaft rather than just sitting on the outside and can therefore do some good for your hair from the inside out.  I have been using it once a week as my hair is in quite bad condition right now.  I put it on before I go to bed and really massage it into my scalp and down through the ends of my hair.  I then tie it up loosely and lay a towel over my pillow while I sleep.  In the morning wash your hair as usual and if needed shampoo it twice to remove the oil.

TRESemme Keretin Smooth:  

I saw this recommended on the internet as a good heat defence spray and decided to try it for myself.  It seems to be doing a good job now but as I have cut right down on my heat styling I haven’t had much chance to notice any improvement yet.

Argan Oil: 

The brand I am using is 100% pure and organic.  You may as well use pure Argan oil instead of using a hair product with just a small amount of Argan oil added and you will benefit more from using the pure Argan oil. I have heard only good things about this oil and there are a variety of ways to use it.  I have been using it as soon as I have washed my hair.  Just use a small drop and then run it through your hair.  I am using this instead of the serum I was using before as it is meant to have the same benefits and more.

I have obviously only just started using these products so will post an updated review in a few weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment