Thursday 12 September 2013

Keeping Fit, Active & Healthy!

Feeling Good:

I know it is pretty much the last thing on your mind as a busy mum, but in my opinion if you want to feel better and look better too, exercise is the way to go.  After having my second daughter Sasha I put on at least half a stone and for the first year of her life I had a really negative view of my body.  

Starting Out:

After Sasha's first Birthday I decided enough was enough and started to exercise. I really enjoy my food and I couldn't face making my own separate 'diet' style meals so I just ate the same as the rest of my family but cut out puddings and my daily grazing habits, sticking to three meals a day.  At the weekends I would treat myself and eat what I wanted (within reason) and still do.  This gave me something to aim for and look forward to at the end of every week.
As I didn't have enough money to spend on a gym membership (and still don't) or the time to get there (and still don't lol) I decided to exercise from home.  During nap times or after the girls had gone to bed in the evening I started following a few Davina DVDs which I had on the shelf. I did this about three times a week and really started noticing some results. After a few months I was finding Davina's DVDs a bit boring and not challenging enough so I read numerous reviews on Amazon and found the same name coming up - Jillian Michaels.  let me just say "I Love Jillian Michaels"! I bought my first Jillian Michaels DVD called 'Banish Fat Boost Metabolism' and once I received it I never looked back.  

Before & After Photo's:



Part Of Everyday Life:

I pretty much have all of Jillian Michaels DVDs in my collection now and I mix them up depending on how I feel.  I  try to exercise between three and four times a week and feel the best I ever have.  I look back at old photos and can't believe the difference in the way I look. I am still strict during the week by not eating puddings and snacks but at the weekend I continue to treat myself to anything I like especially Friday Night Pizza and Chocolate! (I actually read an article somewhere which said that it's not good to follow a strict diet everyday and by upping your calories one or two days a week you will keep your metabolism from slowing down. I don't know if this is a fact but it works for me and I'm going with it!) 
Over the last two years I have lost 1 1/2 stone and although I'd much rather chill out on the couch after a long day, I know that the benefits are worth it.  I feel less tired, more energetic and have a happier outlook on life which I know is all down to the exercise.  I know it is hard to get motivated when you are a busy mum but try it,  persevere and you will definitely see and feel fantastic results!

Follow Me On Bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment